Latest Job Vacancies sent to RHQ – June 2020
As RHQ receive any job vacancies, they will be posted here.
40 x FTRS EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES AT THE MTMC, BASSINGBOURN BARRACKS
Operational deployment training is currently delivered via several discrete training establishments at geographically dispersed locations with organisational structures similarly fragmented. The Mission Training and Mobilisation Centre (MTMC) has identified a single site location at Bassingbourn Barracks, near Cambridge to deliver fully integrated operational deployment training.
Under the MTMC Future Operating Model, 40x FTRS posts have been established to support both the delivery of operational deployment training and the running and administration of the unit. Since Bassingbourn Barracks is the old home of the Depot Queens Division , it is thought that there may be residual interest from those Fusiliers who have settled in the area.
If anyone wants a flavour of what MTMC get up to, follow MTMC on twitter @MTMCBBN.
The full list of FTRS(HC) job opportunities at Bassingbourn and a summary of the FTRS recruitment process can be seen below:
|JPA PID||PPC||Rank||Regt or
|1944693||FTRS(HC)||OR6||E2||Ops SNCO 1|
|1944669||FTRS(HC)||OR6||E2||Ops SNCO 2|
|1944694||FTRS(HC)||OR4||E2||Ops Cpl 1|
|1944698||FTRS(HC)||OR4||E2||Ops Cpl 2|
|1966323||FTRS(HC)||OR8||Inf||Trg Dev WO|
|1945273||FTRS(HC)||OR6||RAMC||RAMC Sgt Instr 6|
|1945282||FTRS(HC)||OR4||RAMC||RAMC Cpl Instr 1|
|1945303||FTRS(HC)||OR4||RAMC||RAMC Cpl Instr 2|
|1945296||FTRS(HC)||OR4||RAMC||RAMC Cpl Instr 3|
|1945291||FTRS(HC)||OR3||RAMC||RAMC LCpl Instr 1|
|1944702||FTRS(HC)||OR4||E2||Op Clothing Cpl|
|1944849||FTRS(HC)||OR7||E2||CQMS Op Clothing|
|1944888||FTRS(HC)||OR4||E2||JNCO Accom 1|
|1944881||FTRS(HC)||OR4||E2||JNCO Accom 2|
|1944757||FTRS(HC)||OR4||E2||JNCO Accom 3|
|1944894||FTRS(HC)||OR4||E2||Stmn/DCCT Custodian 1|
|1944747||FTRS(HC)||OR4||E2||Cat D Cpl Driver 1|
|1944751||FTRS(HC)||OR4||E2||Cat D Cpl Driver 2|
|1944748||FTRS(HC)||OR4||E2||Cat D Cpl Driver 3|
|1944752||FTRS(HC)||OR3||E2||Cat D LCpl Driver 1|
|1944753||FTRS(HC)||OR3||E2||Cat D LCpl Driver 2|
|1944410||FTRS(HC)||OR8||E2||OCE WELFARE WO|
|1944606||FTRS(HC)||OR6||SPS||OCE MS SNCO|
|1944612||FTRS(HC)||OR4||SPS||OCE JNCO 3|
|1988825||FTRS(HC)||OR4||SPS||OCE JNCO 4|
|1988826||FTRS(HC)||OR4||E2||Mov JNCO 1|
|1988818||FTRS(HC)||OR4||E2||Mov JNCO 2|
|1944573||FTRS(HC)||OF3||E2||Station Support Officer|
SUMMARY FOR APPLICANTS
The links to all the Job Specs and application is through the usual FTRS process via Glasgow. https://www.army.mod.uk/who-we-are/the-army-reserve/full-time-reserve-service-job-opportunities/
All MTMC FTRS posts are Home Commitment (FTRS(HC)):
- It does not pay ‘x-factor’.
- FTRS(HC) personnel are eligible, butnot entitled to Single Living Accommodation (SLA). Therefore, in line with ABN 046 and 7X-SOI_104_SLA for FTRS(HC), 1* dispensation will be granted for MTMC FTRS(HC) posts to be granted SLA at entitled rates for an initial period of 12 months. Beyond this initial 12 month period an application to extend out to a maximum period of 24 months will be submitted if the Serviceperson wishes.
- There is no entitlement to home to duty expenses.
- FTRS appointments within MTMC are initially for 2 years with the possibility of commitment extensions based on performance.
- FTRS is not a career stream and is not managed as such. Promotion is generally not possible.
- You must be a member of either the Regular Reserve or Army Reserve to serve on FTRS. Ex Regulars who are not part of the Regular Reserve can apply to join should they be selected for an FTRS post. Serving Regulars must be in their last 12 months of service and have a discharge date on JPA.
- Security Checks are initiated by the unit with the vacancy. You may have to provide details on-line to Defence Business Services (DBS) Security who carry out the checks for the Army.
- The APC will liaise with you and the unit to agree a start date.
- APC calculate your pay. DBS Pensions will advise us of any abatement to pension or requirement to pay back terminal benefits. Full details will be included in the formal commitment offer, which will follow once medical and security clearances have been made. The offer is made by fax or post.
- Please be aware that when you start an FTRS commitment, your salary will automatically default to the lowest pay level until DBS input a manual update. This is out of both APC and MTMC’s control.