Volunteers needed for Veterans Mental Health Research
Researchers at University College London (UCL), the Anna Freud National Centre for Children and Families and the Centre for Veterans’ Health at King Edward VII’s Hospital are carrying out research to look at the relationship between the mental health of veteran fathers and that of their children. It is hoped that this research will help to influence the type of support veterans and their families receive and how that support is offered.
They are contacting veterans through various military organisations (including RHQ FUSILIERS ) and they are writing to ask if any former Fusiliers would be willing to complete an online questionnaire to help them understand more about this important issue.
Please read this Participation Information which provides more detail about the study and these two criteria that participants need to meet in order to take part:
- You are a male veteran
- There is at least one child in your household aged between 4-17 years
- you will be contributing to research to improve support for veterans and their families.
- it will take just 20 minutes to complete.
- you will be entered in to a lottery to win amazon gift vouchers (a total of £200 available).
If you are interested in participating:
- please read the attached information sheet.
- If, after reading the information sheet, you decide you would like to take part, please e-mail [email protected] stating that you would like to participate.
- Or if you have any questions, please e-mail the above address and one of the research team will get back to you
What will happen next:
- you will receive an e-mail providing you with details of how to access the questionnaires securely online.
- Once you’ve completed the questionnaires, your e-mail address will be added to the lottery and you could win up to £50 in Amazon vouchers.